This week the resistance won a historic battle, and this podcast is all about analyzing how that happened, and what we can learn from it:
- The Republican Party is nothing without a figure to focus their hate on. Republican Representative Tom Rooney from Florida came right out and said this in The Atlantic
- The GOP either lacks wonks, or won't listen to them, and so they created an absolutely terrible bill
- Citizen action overwhelmed representatives on this bill -- 50 to 1 ratio of calls against and for
- The Art of the Deal LOLOLOLOLOLOL
- If people hate the AHCA, and aren't super fond of ACA, then why not try for something even better? We aren't going to be playing defense forever ...
- What Obama said is totally true:
"Our Constitution is a remarkable, beautiful gift. But it’s really just a piece of parchment. It has no power on its own. We, the people, give it power — with our participation and the choices we make. Whether or not we stand up for our freedoms. Whether or not we respect and enforce the rule of law. America is no fragile thing. But the gains of our long journey to freedom are not assured."
I hope you let this wind fill your sails! Thanks for listening, as always, and don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on iTunes, and tell your friends. Let's spread the word about resistance, self-care, and leapfrogging over these retrograde pieces of shit into a future that works for everyone.